GARO ~RED REQUIEM~

Film d'animazione per Garo

« Older   Newer »

Group
    Mod News

Status
    Death
    Yes, I know about Goten and the giant sword... Yakumo and I were talking about them some days ago...
    But the sensation this film gave to me is that it's a prequel... I don't know why, but... it feels strange to think about it as a sequel...
    In any case, like I said to Yakumo... this film isn't like what I was expecting... It disappointed me a little bit... I was expecting something more like "The Beast of the White Night" but... Red Requiem only seemed "a story about fighting" to me.

2. Grewon

User deleted

Red Requiem, as you may see, is just a "movie", it's not a chapter of any saga or something like that, its role is to serve as an "experiment" in using 3D technologies and features on Garo (and I guess it was a brilliant experiment!). So since it's a movie based on the 3D technologies, it was obvious that the fights had to be the main part.

If Red Requiem was a prequel of the "Black Wolf" serie, the authors might have done a terrible mistake in making Koga summon Goten... I don't think so. It's explained also by the fact that you see Koga being trained by Rekka's father, and thinking only about him... so it's obvious that he had already made peace with his father (done in the Black Wolf saga) and mother (done in Beast of the white night movie), and he had been starting thinking to the other important people of his past.

Group
    Mod News

Status
    Death
    Mi chiedo perché stiamo parlando inglese...

CITAZIONE
    So since it's a movie based on the 3D technologies, it was obvious that the fights had to be the main part.

Of course, but this doesn't mean that it has to be 100% fight... I got bored after half an hour of fights...

CITAZIONE
    It's explained also by the fact that you see Koga being trained by Rekka's father, and thinking only about him... so it's obvious that he had already made peace with his father (done in the Black Wolf saga) and mother (done in Beast of the white night movie), and he had been starting thinking to the other important people of his past.

I don't think this explanation is convincing enough. Everyone can think differently about it... In my opinion, Kouga started to think of Rekka's father because he was close to Rekka in that moment, and he saw in her the same desire to become stronger... and of course to become a knight. He saw himself again in the figure of Rekka

4. Grewon

User deleted

But in the movie it appears that Kouga doesn't know that his trainer was Rekka's father...

I guess that not me nor you have the solution... it may be a little production error or forgettance ;-)

but anyway, Kouga is much more kindhearted than the "Black wolf" counterpart, so it means that he had already known Kaoru. And the "Goten" fact confirms it.

Group
    Mod News

Status
    Death
    Wikipedia says "The story is an adaptation of the original TV series"
    I don't know what this means... I don't get it...

Technically, I know Red Requiem is a sequel, but the sansation it gave me is that it's a prequel, I can't help it

6. Grewon

User deleted

I respect and understand your sensation, Saruzza ;-)

anyway, I think it's just a self-worth episode. You know the Prince Of Persia videogame trilogy? it was composed by "The sands of time", "Warrior within", and "The Two Thrones". Then in 2008 we saw another game, simply named "PRINCE OF PERSIA", where we find a slightly different prince and an indipendent trama, not linked to the trilogy one. You may find some cameos and easter eggs (for example, Prince's horse is named "Farah", like the Indian princess of the trilogy), but the only purpose of that is to present the "cell shading" graphical technology. Only for that. I guess that "Red Requiem" is the same thing. No links to the normal trama, just some cameos and easter eggs.

Group
    Mod News

Status
    Death
    Yes, I thought that too... Something like what happened to Prince of Persia could be possible ^^ And also would be the solution to our question xD
    Then...
    Ora parliamo in italiano xD

8. Grewon

User deleted

noooo mi stavo divertendo a parlare in inglese!! :-)

Group
    Mod News

Status
    Death
    Beh, abbiamo parlato inglese abbastanza, per argomentare e far capire qualcosa a quell'utente russo xD Quindi se ha bisogno, scriverà ancora xD

188 replies since 31/7/2009, 11:22   1697 views